Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Way To Emmaus


Check out the latest tune from the St. Joseph Studio
















8 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

Gentle. Contemplative.

April 13, 2009 3:18 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks Owen, I hope it calls to mind benediction for the listener, when it is sung at the end of exposition.
(Unless of course, the listener is like me and wonders why the hammer dulcimer parts aren't in perfect sync with the rest of it at times! )
:(

April 13, 2009 3:58 PM  
Blogger George Weis said...

Sooothing my friend. No one will notice the dulcimer issue :)

-g-

April 14, 2009 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture! When I was a little kid, I remember seeing it, and loving it--even though I had no ties to Christianity at the time--it attracted me--guess I was meant to be Catholic all along.

April 16, 2009 4:25 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

"guess I was meant to be Catholic all along."
Tara, I think that there is something inside all of us that resonates with Catholic truth, but we have had the truth diminished by our sin and choices to rebel through our lives.
God bless

April 16, 2009 5:01 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

THANKS OWEN!

THANKS GEORGE!

April 16, 2009 5:02 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

That has always been a very moving and meaningful biblical scene for me. Very nice, my friend.

April 18, 2009 5:06 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks PA!

April 18, 2009 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis