Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25th Anniversary of Salvifici Doloris

What a day of feasts and celebrations for the Church!
Nancy a faithful reader and com boxer reminds us that today is the 25th anniversary of John Paul 2's letter on redemptive suffering, Salvifici Doloris. This is a letter that should be read by Christians of all denominations. It provides the biblical meaning to suffering that has been life-changing for us.

Three days after my first wife lost her protracted and grueling battle with cancer, an old college friend, now a priest, reminded me of 1 Col 1:24, the basis for redemptive suffering. This sowed the seeds in me that I believe were responsible for my conversion to Catholicism ten years later. This doctrine also brought my new wife Prodigal Daughter into the Church. The power of truth to open hearts and minds is amazing, along with a healthy dose of grace.

Here's my earlier post about Redemptive Suffering

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis