Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, August 07, 2009

Obamacare and Charity and Truth

Check out this article in the National Catholic Register

"Does the proposal help us expand health care? In other words, does it allow us to cut the true factors that drive health-care costs — or does it kowtow to those who are responsible for those costs, for instance trial lawyers and pharmaceutical companies?

Also: Does the proposal put decisions about assistance in the hands of those closest to the need? Or does it move those decisions to Washington?

Of course, all of those questions are moot if a health-care proposal fails to protect the right to life. Health care that pays for abortion or pressures older patients to forgo necessary treatment isn’t a health-care system at all, but a death machine.

No matter how it is structured or how many benefits it provides to people, Catholics must oppose any legislator who proposes or supports a death machine.

Love and truth demand that."

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

This is getting to me at times. I had to cry yesterday that my own sons haven't been able to see or come to grips with the horrific HELLthcare plan this is. It's broken my heart, but I prayed to Our Lady of Sorrows yesterday (and do every Friday) the rosary of the Seven Dolors after Mass. I was comforted by Her tender love for me, and Her understanding my own "pierced" heart. I shared my grief and anguish about the "blindenss" of their eyes, caused by the communisitic indoctrination in their schooling through the years, subtle as it was, it must have been hyper-throttled in college!! It's now a cross I bear, and will offer to Jesus through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of His Mother, and mine and ours. Pray that chaplet and let OLOS also give your heart a hug, and let Her mantle of Mercy drape over your burdened soul. She is also Our Lady of Victory, and will pray and intercede for our children, so I plead for that and will entrust them to Her care. Amen.

August 08, 2009 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis