Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Left The Catholic Church Because....

I have a new blog I am launching called I Left The Catholic Church Because...
I am interested in hearing the stories of those who have left the Church and continue to remain in another ecclesial community or none at all. I know the reasons why I left but would like to see why others did also.

2 Comments:

Blogger George Weis said...

Interesting Idea Russ.

Here is what I imagine answers will be:

• I was taught repetition, religion and how to be an altar boy... but never was told I could know Jesus personally. (my Dad's reason)

• My parents had me baptized and made me go to sunday school... but they didn't go, so why should I?

• I ran into some Protestant friends who through scripture showed me the errors of the Church.

• The Church said I couldn't do "XYZ" and that it was a sin... so I left.

• I was abused.

• I fell away out of boredom... and was introduced to a personal relationship with Christ later on... just started attending XYZ Protestant Church.

• I just didn't like it

I imagine those are the kinds of things one will hear.

-g-

October 31, 2009 8:50 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

It's a neat concept because the open ended questions may help people to come to terms with why they left the Catholic Church. Maybe looking back and reflecting will help them let go of some of the hurts and anger that they have toward the Church or Catholic parents/family members.

October 31, 2009 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis