Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Another Rentlorian Chant : The Hail Mary

The hail Mary is an often misunderstood prayer. It is perceived as worshiping Mary. But that can't be since Catholics worship the Triune God alone. The initial words of the prayer are from Scripture in Luke.If an angel can honor Mary , we certainly can as well. But the prayer hinges on the name of Jesus. Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. In the hail Mary we honor Mary and then bless the name of Jesus! The prayer concludes with asking her to intercede for us, and what son won't hear the cries of his mother? I took some liberty with the words of the prayer to highlight these points.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cammie Novara said...

"The initial words of the prayer are from Scripture in Luke.If an angel can honor Mary , we certainly can as well." That one I have to tell my Facebook friends about!

August 03, 2010 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis