Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Why Do Catholics Call Mary The Mother Of God?

3 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

I tell my 6th graders that Jesus doesn't come in separable parts like a car. Mary had to be mom to the whole Jesus, including his god-ness.

How does that work?

It's a mystery.

December 03, 2010 11:40 AM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

BTW, I've visited Mary's House (Meryem Ana Evi: Mary-Mother-House). It's a great place to visit from Ephesus: a short scenic drive, small scale, lots of shade (unlike Ephesus), a little place to eat, only a bit of walking. Completely charming and serene. One of the few places I've been to three times & would be pleased to go again.

December 05, 2010 1:43 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

And it wasn't even the "Church" per se, who called her Mother of God, first. It was Elizabeth. "Who am I that the mother of my lord should come to me?" 'Lord' and 'God' are interchangable in Judaism. Right there in Luke, right there in print it is, for all the 'bible believing Christians' to take note of, and even some Catholics, who don't give Mary due reverence. She was not just a 'incubator' in God's plan for redemption, but a VITAL part and role were given to her, and she had 'free will' as we do. THANK YOU MARY for your FIAT! Your YES! Thank you for Jesus, True God from True God, begotten NOT MADE.

December 08, 2010 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis