Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

From the Apostolic Exhortation on the Word of God

"We cannot keep to ourselves the words of eternal life given to us in our encounter with Jesus Christ: they are meant for everyone, for every man and woman. Everyone today, whether he or she knows it or not, needs this message. May the Lord himself, as in the time of the prophet Amos, raise up in our midst a new hunger and thirst for the word of God (cf. Am 8:11). It is our responsibility to pass on what, by God’s grace, we ourselves have received."   Pope Benedict

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Love this Russ!

Btw, "Russell" has replied to you on my blog. Oh brother! Yep, it's the typical "usual suspects'" ignorance ... squared! Lord open the eyes of his heart, and ignite his intellect w/ the LIGHT and FIRE of TRUTH!

November 14, 2010 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis