Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Confession App for IPhone + The Media Goes Wild

The iPhone App for preparing for the sacrament is a great tool to assist Catholics who benefit from a careful examination of conscience. When I heard about it 2 weeks ago I downloaded it and found it to be very helpful. My wife who isn't a gadget queen immediately wanted it, so she's using my ipod touch before confession.
Fighting over the ipod, because of a great app to help us grow in holiness. An interesting situation!
   I can see how it can help Catholics who haven't made use of the sacrament in a long time. It has the act of contrition(in several varieties) , how to proceed, and the best part is the customizable examination of conscience. Even if you are not Catholic, the examination of conscience can be a blessing.
   Though the media has been having a field day misconstruing its purpose, it still once again shows that anything that is done by the Universal Church makes the press. To me, the fact that a little application for the iPhone gets national press in the MSM  is very interesting. Maybe some lapsed Catholics will be "poked" by the Holy Spirit into checking it out.

I always say, "A Catholic without confession is like a stalled car needing a major oil change! " (or somethin' like that)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy said...

I've got a few great Catholic apps but not that one. Will have to take a look.

Confession is a shower of Divine Mercy - can't beat that clean and fresh feeling when you come out.

February 11, 2011 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis