Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Why Confess Your Sins To A Priest?

Fr. Barron gives an excellent little talk on this on the embedded video below. But my answer is even shorter! 1) Since we are commanded in scripture to confess our sins one to another, I would rather do it to someone who is in succession of the apostles who Christ breathed on and said "Whose sins you forgive they are forgiven.." 2) I'd rather confess to someone who is sworn to secrecy and cannot violate that oath! Who would you rather tell your deepest most vile sins to?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Russ,

I found this blog with the Google search "crossing the Tiber." I'm going to join the Catholic church. I also keep a blog and I'll be sure to add you to my blogroll.

October 07, 2011 3:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your journey sounds a lot like mine!

October 07, 2011 3:55 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Dear Andre
glad you found me here. I am excited to hear you are going to be coming home to the Catholic faith! You will never regret crossing the Tiber!I look forward to hearing your story. Have you written it up yet?
God bless you, let me know if you have any questions. I will pray for your intentions tonite.
russ

October 07, 2011 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis