Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Requiescat in Pace Linda

 In 1994 I was left with two young boys when my late wife died of cancer. I was working almost 70 hours a week in my solo practice of internal medicine.  I did not know how I would provide for my boys whose mom had been taken from them at such a crucial time. I prayed and prayed for a solution to this dilemma. I considered putting my kids in daycare which would have been very traumatic for them at this difficult time. My mother and mother-in-law and sister -in law all pitched in to watch the kids as I scrambled to maintain my practice and still somehow get the kids up in the morning and off to school. The youngest was only four and hadn't been in school yet because my wife knowing she may die chose to keep him home with her for one more year.  I lived next to my brother at the time and they were very helpful to me but I still needed a more permanent solution.  I started to look for a daytime nanny to care for the boys while I was at work.
   Linda, a woman from my church who knew my late wife and boys felt God leading her to become my nanny. She left her day job to come work for me for one and a half years. In those dark times in our life, I always said that Jesus came to us through Linda. She surely was the hand of God reaching out to hold my hurting little family when the bottom had dropped out. Linda had already raised two boys as a single mom and really knew had to be a mom. She cared for my kids like her own and looked out for me too! She brought some joy back to our house in those very sad days and helped my kids to acclimate to life without their mom. She prayed for them, drove them to school, watched them at their first school plays, went to parent-teacher meetings, but most of all loved us.  We all felt the hand of God in a most palpable way through Linda.
   Today at 3PM, the hour of divine mercy, Linda, surrounded by loved ones and friends left this earth after a relatively short and courageous battle with cancer. I know the angels, saints and my late wife, Sue, have gained a great friend in heaven today and we have gained a wonderful ally in the heavenlies to continue praying for us here.  Linda, we rejoice with you as you hear these words; "Well done my good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Master."
Eternal rest, grant unto Linda
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May the soul of the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Pam said...

A beautiful tribute to Linda. Her friends and family will be in my prayers.

November 09, 2011 10:01 AM  
Blogger RyanKCR said...

Thank you, Russ.

November 09, 2011 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis