Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Richard Evans, Former AOG Pastor, Now Tiber Jumpin' Catholic

"I also discovered that there was now a new Catechism of the Catholic Church and wasted no time obtaining a copy. Digging into Church teaching, Bible in one hand and Catechism in the other, it finally dawned on me that, unlike what I had been led to believe during my many years as a Protestant, the Catholic Church did indeed teach correct and proper Christianity from the “top,” so to speak.  As earlier stated, I had always believed that there were Catholic Christians, but I assumed this was in spite of Rome, not because of her. Now I realized I had been wrong about this my entire adult life."

Read the whole story here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russ you are so sly...I wondered why my page was jumping yesterday and now I know the reason why! Thanks for sharing and glad to have any of your regular readers stopping on over! God bless.

January 12, 2012 10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS IS HILLARIOIS! THEIR IS NO TRUE CHURCH REMEMBER! JESUS WAS NE'ER A CHRISTIAN! CHRISTIANITY SHOULD BE A RELATIONSHIP OR A LIFESTYLE NOT A RELIGION LIKE CATHOLISISM SAYS IT IS.

August 03, 2012 5:45 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Dear Anon:
There is a True Church and Jesus started it. Any history book will document that. Christ was Jewish, not a christian.
Christianity should be a realtionship or a lifestyle? not a religion?
Can you give me any support for your ideas?
The bible says that true religion is caring for the fatherless and widows, which is what the True Church (AKA Catholic)has been doing for 2000 years.
if you have free time, I suggest you et to your nearest library and read a couple history books regarding the history of the "relationship or lifestyle" called Chrsitianity?

August 03, 2012 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis