Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, May 02, 2013

The Eucharist Brought This Evangelical Into the Church


This young lady grew up in an evangelical home, lost her way, then found it in the Catholic Church.
It was in the middle of the mass during the moment of consecration.

"I knew who Jesus was, I knew he died for our sins but I did not know He came down to be present in every Eucharist! I had no idea Catholic beliefs were different, that they believed they ate the real flesh and blood of Jesus Christ according to what He taught in John chapter 6. It didn’t disgust me, in fact it moved me in awe of His love.
When I saw that priest lift the wafer and say “hoc est corpus meum” I felt something special was going on. There was “shininess” to the air. That was the first time I felt…Him!"

Once again, the Eucharist leads someone home to the Church. Why do so many converts and reverts attribute their conversion to the discovery of the Eucharist? Because it is Jesus.  As Flannery O'Connor has said so eloquently, "If it's just a symbol, then the hell with it."


1 Comments:

Anonymous Nancy said...

Oh I can relate. I was leaning towards coming into the Church when I attended my first Mass at what is now my home parish about 6 1/2 years ago. When the priest elevated the host at the consecration, it was like a light switch was turned on. It's hard to put in words ... I just knew that was Jesus and it was overwhelming.

You want to know how the Lord works? I had emailed the parish office inquiring about RCIA and not getting an answer. But that very day I attended Mass was the day of the parish ministries fair and they had a table for RCIA. I signed up on the spot. I've never been so certain about anything else in my life as I was about wanting to be Catholic.

May 02, 2013 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis