Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Another Evangelical Pastor Converts to Catholicism


Billy Kangas, an evangelical pastor and worship leader becomes Catholic. Read his story here.

 "Slowly I began to realize that many of the issues I had with Catholic doctrine were not with the dogma but often the way the dogma was explained. There was a great deal of significant thoughtful reflection behind many of the issues, and I began to realize that my rejection of the theology was based on my own presuppositions and sanctimonious self-satisfaction."

Once again, a person's pride and prejudice kept him from even considering the faith but then they started to listen to what the Church had to say about itself, not what Protestants had to say about it.

"I started to study the church fathers and the documents of the church councils and my eyes were opened to a huge world of theology that I wasn't even aware of before. Little by little my list of hundreds of reasons I would never become Catholic diminished to around a dozen or so."

Mr. Kangas is now in the process of getting his PhD in liturgy and sacramental theology from Catholic University of America. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear this news!
-Pat V

June 04, 2013 5:27 PM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

Weird- your post title reminds me of this obscure old cartoon which I found online with no trouble at all:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34261782@N05/3191466007/in/photostream/

June 05, 2013 5:26 PM  
Blogger Deacon Tom Anthony said...

Nice Blog My friend!

Deacon Tom

http://deacontomanthony.blogspot.com/

June 08, 2013 10:20 AM  
Blogger Deacon Tom Anthony said...

Great Blog my my friend.

I put you on my favorites:

Deacon Tom

http://deacontomanthony.blogspot.com/

June 08, 2013 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis