Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pray for Oklahoma and Open Your Wallets

Archbishop Paul Coakley of Oklahoma traveled to Moore Oklahoma to offer his assistance and prayers to the victims.

“I feel, as the archbishop, as a shepherd, I need to be there,” Archbishop Coakley told Catholic News Agency while on his way to the suburb of Oklahoma City on May 21.

“I'm not sure …there's anything very practical I can do when I arrive, other than to show my pastoral concern and support and give the assurance of my prayers to those who are indeed suffering.”

He added, “People are in such shock right now, we just want to accompany them in their suffering at this point.”

What we can do in addition to our prayers is open our wallets for those suffering.
Here's a link to Catholic Relief Services who will be there long after the storm is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis