Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I Love the Saints

Did you ever have a Christian friend who you looked up to for wisdom and advice in helping you to follow the Lord? Did you ever have someone in your life who was so close to Jesus you just wanted to be like them and loved spending time with them?
I sure did as a young Christian and now since returning home to the Catholic Church I have found many precious examples of folks who lived and walked so very close to the Lord. I love to pray the prayers of these saints so that Jesus can transform me more and more into His image as He did for them. Saint Faustina has become a favorite of mine as she was for the late John Paul 2 . (He may have been a little partial since she was from Poland also)
May this be the prayer of all of our hearts:

"I want to be completely transformed into Your mercy and to be Your living reflection, O Lord. May the greatest of all divine attributes, that of Your unfathomable mercy, pass through my heart and soul to my neighbor.

Help me, O Lord, that my eyes may be merciful, so that I may never suspect or judge from appearances, but look for what is beautiful in my neighbors' souls and come to their rescue.

Help me, that my ears may be merciful, so that I may give heed to my neighbors' needs and not be indifferent to their pains and moanings.

Help me, O Lord, that my tongue may be merciful, so that I should never speak negatively of my neighbor, but have a word of comfort and forgiveness for all.

Help me, O Lord, that my hands may be merciful and filled with good deeds, so that I may do only good to my neighbors and take upon myself the more difficult and toilsome tasks.

Help me, that my feet may be merciful, so that I may hurry to assist my neighbor, overcoming my own fatigue and weariness. My true rest is in the service of my neighbor.

Help me, O Lord, that my heart may be merciful so that I myself may feel all the sufferings of my neighbor. I will refuse my heart to no one. I will be sincere even with those who, I know, will abuse my kindness. And I will lock myself up in the most merciful Heart of Jesus. I will bear my own suffering in silence. May Your mercy, O Lord, rest upon me .

O my Jesus, transform me into Yourself , for you can do all things."

From the Diary of Saint Faustina 1930

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis