Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Today is the Feast Of Corpus Christi


Today the Church commemorates the institution of the Most Blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist by Jesus at the Last Supper. Since the Eucharist is the "source and summit" of our Catholic faith, it is a day of great importance for Catholics. In Europe, the feast is celebrated with solemn processions bearing our Lord in beautiful ornate monstrances through the streets of ancient cities. Here in America, more parishes are starting to have Eucharistic processions. It's a great way of sharing the Catholic faith with non- Catholics and thanking Jesus for honoring his promise to be with us always in the Eucharist. "He who eats my body and drinks my blood abides in me and I in him." (John 6:56)
"after this many of his disciples drew back and no longer went about with him" (John 6:66)

My prayer today is, just as He did for the two men on the way to Emmaus, that our "eyes will be opened" and we will recognize Jesus in the "breaking of the bread." Luke 24:30

Happy Father's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis