Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another Assembly of God Pastor Jumps the Tiber


"There are 2 things in life I swore I would never do, and now I have done them both--one was to return to the Catholic Church, and the other was to become a blogger!!!"

These are the recent words of a former Assembly of God Pastor who tells his story of conversion(reversion) on his blog, Richard's Ramblings. Viewing The Passion of The Christ was instrumental in his conversion as it was mine. Check out his blog and give him a good Catholic bloggers "Welcome Home Richard!!"

As we used to say in my old charismatic church, God is doing a new thing!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I ask TJ what was it that you saw in Passion of the Christ that made you convert back to Roman Catholicism?

-Tim

November 12, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Tim:
To this day I can't say for sure what it was but what was going through my mind was the incredible sacrifice and suffering that He endured for me, and I suddenly saw my pride ,and thought, if he could do this for me, I could return to Catholicism. The movie didn't necessarily speak Catholicism to me as much as it spoke about His sacrifice. I had probably been mulling Catholicism over in my head ever since my Mom died a few years before but refused to consider it because of pre-conceived misconceptions. It was like suddenly, I felt "I will walk whatever road you have for me"
even if it requires being Catholic!
I know that it doesn't adequately describe it, but that's the best I could do. God bless

November 12, 2006 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Cheryl said...

I just watched a youtube by Bishop Fulton Sheen on the Rosary. It was very good.

December 01, 2013 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis