Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Slaughter of the Innocents


This time of year we focus on Peace on Earth and Goodwill Towards Men, but we need to keep in mind that at the time of Christ's birth life was very violent and perilous at best.
One of the saddest parts of the Christmas story is the "slaughter of the innocents" by Herod.
As we meditate on the birth of the Christ child in the next several weeks, continue to pray for an end to the "slaughter of the innocents" that occurs on a daily basis in an aborturary near you.


The Church venerates these children as martyrs (flores martyrum); they are the first buds of the Church killed by the frost of persecution; they died not only for Christ, but in his stead (St. Aug., "Sermo 10us de sanctis").

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never saw that image before. It is deeply moving.

December 06, 2006 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis