Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Heaven is a Thomas Kinkade Mansion and a Hammer Dulcimer


Pilgrimsarbour recently sent me the above "doctored" picture. Yeah, that's me out front playing my hammer dulcimer in front of my mansion in Glory. In heaven, hammer dulcimers won't go out of tune and you never hit a bad note! Most dulcimer players spend half their life tuning and the other half playing out of tune. I think though, that there will be work to do as well, interceding for those brethren in Christ still on the earth. (In between feasts and dulcimer playing, and apologizing to all those Catholics I will meet who I use to think weren't going to be there!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

And what's that smoke coming out of the chimney...Protestants? LOL

January 04, 2007 7:42 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Nah, I don't think so... That would be making the assumption that they at least got to heaven.
:)

January 04, 2007 8:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ew. Kinkaid.

January 04, 2007 10:56 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

They are now designing houses in Colorado or California that look identical to his paintings. He is collaborating with the architects and they sell for about 2-3 million! Yeah maybe next year....
I like some of his stuff but, after awhile, i tend to wonder how all the folks in those homes can pay the electric bill with all that soft incandescent glow emanating from the windows in his paintings. Or perhaps as my good friend Pilgrims Arbour suggested above, the glow may be the result of combusting other materials.
:)

January 04, 2007 11:09 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Ow. Next time the gloves come off.

January 05, 2007 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who here wants to be brave enough to admit that you have to be Roman Catholic in order to get to heaven?

God Bless,
James

January 05, 2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

James,
I assume you are kidding here!
The above comments were simply litehearted banter between a reformed Protestant believer (Pilgrimsarbour) and myself, a Catholic believer.
I sincerely apologize if the impression was made that there will only be Catholics in heaven. "When the roll is called up yonder", only the Father knows whose names will be on it. Conjecture on my part of who is saved and who isn't is not my deal.

January 05, 2007 4:47 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Wait a minute! I just remembered...I thought you said 59 banjo players playing Foggy Mountain Breakdown is what Heaven will be like? Boy, Catholic doctrine is more diverse than I thought...

January 06, 2007 2:44 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

I wasn't speaking ex-cathedra when I made those statements! LOL

January 06, 2007 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis