Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

"Heck, I Feel Like Becoming Catholic Today!"


"Those who know me, or who have read my writings over the past few years, are well aware of the bitter hatred I had for the Roman Catholic Church. As far as I was concerned, they were idolatrous apostates whose Mass was nothing short of witchcraft.....

Fast forward to this:

.... I believe with all my heart that joining the Catholic Church is the right thing to do."

This is an interesting conversion story I originally found on James Swan's reformed blog.
This young man was a proponent of reformed theology and ardent anti-Catholic by his own admission. Keep him in prayer as he loses much to gain more.

Jeremiah, you will lose friends and family near to you, but are gaining the communion of almost 1.5 billion souls throughout the world. Not a bad consolation prize for Crossing The Tiber.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEO GRATIS!

February 03, 2007 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was my biggest fear when I decided to cross the Tiber, that the family and friends whose opinions matter to me the most would, at best wouldn't understand, and at worst, be hostile. It wouldn't have affected my decision, but I'm a human being and I couldn't pretend that the thought of good relationships possibly fracturing wasn't going to cause pain in my heart.

So I do believe that I got a special grace from God that those nearest and dearest to me were actually quite understanding. I had to go through the "no, we don't worship Mary" spiel to my mum, but she took it fairly well and even was curious about what I was learning in RCIA. And a dear minister friend and I remain good friends. This was a great source of relief to me.

February 03, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

I went to the 'interesting conversion story' linked here and was moved to tears of joy reading of this man's journey and struggles and sheer resolve to find Truth. I know exactly how this precious young man feels and what he's going through and thinking.

All of our conversion stories carry the same thread throughout, no matter what our backgrounds or our ages... that of seeking and being famished for Truth and finding it in ROME! Please read his story, pray for him, and welcome him home. Like I told him, our Holy Mother Church has always left a light on for us (much brighter and warmer than a Motel 6 mind you!) wandering souls - dirty, dusty prodigals and pilgrims that we are. She's left burning a candle's flickering flame, right next to our Blessed Lord in his tabernacle. In every Cathedral, basilica and humble country Catholic church around the globe, how wonderful to enter and see that little flame, glowing behind red glass. A small flame of hope burning near the Light of the World.

February 04, 2007 2:54 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

All of us converts/reverts do share that same sense of late and immense discovery of a home we nevere knew was home. Praise God.

February 04, 2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Thanks for the link!
Wonderful....

February 07, 2007 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis