Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Photos From Port Au Prince, Haiti

Bougainvillea blossoms
Shiloh Baptist in Delmas, Port-Au -Prince where the clinics were held. Open air worship year round.
The marketplace
Little boys looking through the window of the clinic hoping for some attention.
My "exam room" in the "clinic."
The Mother of God is honored in Haiti in a "Mary Garden". (I didn't catch anyone worshiping her!) Maybe the camera scared'm off.
Open Sewers In Close Proximity to Houses
Walking back from the clinic you can see the mountains of Haiti. They have a proverb: "In Haiti, there are mountains beyond mountains." Which means, beyond one obstacle, there is just another one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samuel J Bell III said...

Hello, Iwas nice to see you one my blog I was suprised to see you keeping up with me. Well thank you for the prayers. Hope it was to the Son so I know for sure it got to God HA HA Ha. Any ways hope things are well with you.
Sam

March 12, 2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Dear Sam:
Thanks for the note!
All prayers go to God and He heard all the prayers that were offered to Him on your behalf.
God keep blessing you my friend.

March 12, 2007 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis