Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Catholic Basement Tapes / The Eucharist


Here's the latest from Tiber Jumper Studios. This is a "Podcast" called the Catholic Basement Tapes. The first one is about 14 minutes in length and is a discussion between Prodigal Daughter
and myself regarding the Eucharist and its role in our conversion to Catholicism. This discussion covers some important scriptures and the writings of a few early Church Fathers.

If you have the time, give it a listen here. God bless you!

7 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

You're both simply brilliant! This was a DELIGHT for my morning and now I can go off to work with the biggest Catholic grin on my face! I feel like the Cheshire Cat! Only I'm not going to fade away, I'm going to be TRANSFORMED DAILY by the Eucharistic Sacrifice of my LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Bless you both abundantly and THANK YOU for this!

susie

April 16, 2007 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, TJ!

When I was not yet a Catholic, the moment that I was sitting at Mass and realized that it was Jesus in the bread and wine it was like somebody turned on the light switch. At that point there was no turning back.

Just think of how much money some churches could save in trying to experience the Lord through megabuck multi-media presentations when all one needs to find Him is to look where He said he would be. And much more nourishing for body and soul as well.

Great podcast. Too bad I can't download it for my portable, but perhaps you might consider that sometime in the future.

God bless.

April 16, 2007 8:54 AM  
Blogger owenswain said...

I clicked the link but hear nothing. Media challenged me.

O
::thrive
luminousmiseries

April 16, 2007 7:48 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Hey Owen, thanks for trying, it seems "ourmedia" gets hung up a bit.
Maybe try again?
God bless

April 16, 2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

Thanks for the discussion. I am particularly interested in the power of this doctrine for you, since it has been so prominent in much of your writings. This gives me yet a bit more insight into the thoughts and events leading up to your re-version.

April 17, 2007 2:06 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Thanks for listening. I would have to say that the concept of Christ being with us in such a unique way was like
"finding that crazy missing part" that we used to sing about in 1977. The writings of the early church floored me.

April 17, 2007 7:34 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Hey Susie and Nancy.
thanks for listening. We are hoping to do some more of these down the road.
God bless

April 17, 2007 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis