Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell Dead at 73.


This morning, the Rev. Jerry Falwell passed into eternity at 73 years of age. He was most known for his Moral Majority which galvanized evangelical voters to elect Ronald Reagan in the 1980's.


"Requiem aeternam dona ei , Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei . Requiescat in pace. Amen." "Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him . May he rest in peace. Amen."

4 Comments:

Blogger MMajor Fan said...

Hmm, yes. I posted a prayer for him on my blog too.

Hardly a day has gone by since the day I stood there when Roe v Wade was decided and I realized that it was going to be very bad because the majority of public discourse and action became "the evil of abortion" instead of "the sanctity of life." I told everyone that would listen that I felt people should pool their money and support the birth of a child of a mother contemplating abortion as the truly radical Jesus centered way of fighting the evil of abortion. If people had raised up the esteem of the girl or woman to understand that this was a life she bore inside of her and sponsored the birth and adoption or keeping of the child, we'd be millions of souls away from where we are now. The rancor and lack of tangible maternal support for a child's life based on keeping women (and men) sensitive to the tenderness of life contributed to the mechanical abortion juggernaut of today. Every time there is a presidential election (say nothing of the war) I think about how many children could have been saved from abortion if that money had gone to supporting the woman during pregnancy and then either keeping the child or adopting the child, or raising the child in a place like Boys and Girls Town.

The road of good intentions gone awry....

*sigh*

May 15, 2007 4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post and the link.

Despite what people think of him, we must respect his unfailing efforts. He was made fun of and ridiculed, but kept up his actions.

The world would be a different place if we all were so energetic and thick skinned.

Love your blog, it is one of my "minimum daily requirements".

Potamiaena

May 16, 2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger Derek Rotty said...

Dear Tiber Jumper,

Yours is a wonderful blog because it provides an incredible witness to the Truth and Beauty contained in the Church. I have placed you in my blogroll. Please add me to yours.

God Bless.

May 16, 2007 3:03 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

"The world would be a different place if we all were so energetic and thick skinned."

Well said! We are too "thick headed" and thin-skinned and hard of heart in the culture and sadly in the Church today! PC madness.

He was a good man and had a huge heart and a heart for the Gospel, God rest his soul.

BTW, TJ, I'm still here in Omaha. Check my blog for the latest. I'm off to the airport in a few minutes though, so appreciate your prayers for safety and transformation of my heart and soul in Rome and Assisi!

Arriverderci!
susie

May 17, 2007 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis