Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

St. Joseph is the patron saint of father's and families. This prayer is over 1900 years old

O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my Thanksgiving and Homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen.

We can also turn to St. Joseph , most chaste spouse of the Virgin Mary, and ask his intercession to keep us chaste and holy moral guardians of our family. Today would be a great day to ask his intercession for moral purity in our households and to install some internet accountability software on our computers as a way of putting feet on our prayers! Click Here for free accountability software:
X3 Watch.

Joseph is my middle name given at Baptism so I have a particular devotion to his intercession for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brother James said...

I hope you had a great Fathers' Day, TJ

June 22, 2007 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend Covenant Eyes (I work for them). Its a very robust program that has a separate accountability service and filter service. Check it out!

Thanks for your comments about the church and the need for putting feet to our prayers!

Luke Gilkerson
Internet Community Manager
Covenant Eyes

January 09, 2008 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis