Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Poverty, Chastity, Obedience and Amazing Chops

Here's a link to a video of a jazz trio fronted by Father Stan Fortuna of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. I have seen some of the best bass players in the world play live, including Victor Wooten of the Flecktones. This friar definitely ranks up there with him. This brother definitely didn't bury his "talents" in a field.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing with Fr. Stan is that more attention seems to be paid on his rapping and it's easy to forget he's a pretty nifty jazz man.

Fr. Benedict Groschel had a great comment at one of last year's EWTN Family Celebrations. Noting that he himself definitely prefers the really ancient sacred music (even Gregorian chant is a little risque, he joked) he remarked that God in His providence put alongside him, as one of founders of the CFRs, Fr. Stan Fortuna.

June 13, 2007 7:21 PM  
Blogger WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

I love Fr Stan's jazz!

June 14, 2007 4:40 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

I couldn't believe it the first time I saw him play!
He can even "sanctify" rap music too!
He is a great example of how God allows us to use all things for his purposes.

June 14, 2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

My teens love his Humanae Vitae rap-can't remember what it's called...
And as a crip in constant pain I love 'everybody's gotta suffer' :)

June 14, 2007 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis