Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Another Conversion Story


We have been following a conversion story over at the Coming Home Forum. Sometimes when we convert, the response from our friends isn't always what we expect it to be. Check out this story by New Creation, and be sure to read down to her second comment.

"The Mass began and WOW! Was Holy Spirit's presence just SO powerful and tangible. This was the most Spirit filled Mass that I'd experienced so far. There was such joy there! ....the Holy Spirit was working hard on our friend K. He wept through most of the Mass. His heart was being broken- particularly through the Peace of Our Lord. I'd never seen him cry before and I've known him for almost 5 years. "



"God's doing a new thing"....actually an old thing; bringing folks back into the fold.

2 Comments:

Blogger teresa_anawim2 said...

Not too long ago a string player in our quartet passed away. He was not young..he was well on in age, but dashingly handsome and active in his field of literature and classical music, maintaining his office after retirement and going there every day to work on his books until noon when he would head for daily mass.
He converted to Roman Catholicism less than 20 years ago and one day invited me to speak to his priest about RCIA.
Well, here I am, Home at Last.He among several were instruments of the Lord to bring me into the fullness of the Faith.
Next week I am going to see his chair being filled by another player and it is going to be tough. I pray for the repose of his soul.
He was a true brother.

January 14, 2008 11:57 AM  
Blogger Cow Bike Rider said...

I can relate to that

January 14, 2008 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis