Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, January 07, 2008

SIMPLE WAY TO ACHIEVE TRUE HOLINESS


Pope John the XXIII used this method in order to strive to achieve holiness. He would choose one and attempt to live by it to the fullest everyday.

1.Only for today I will seek to live the livelong day positively without wishing to solve the problems of my life all at once.

2.Only for today I will take the greatest care of my appearance, I will dress modestly, I will be courtesy in my behavior, I will not criticize anyone, and I will not claim to improve or to discipline anyone except myself.

3.Only for today I will be happy in the certainty I was created to be happy. Not only in the other world but also in this one.

4.Only for today I will adapt to circumstance without requiring all circumstances to be adapted to my own wishes.

5.Only for today I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading.

6.Only for today I will do one good deed and not tell anyone about it.

7.Only for today I will do at least one thing I do not like doing and if my feelings are hurt I will make sure nobody notices.

8.Only for today I will make a plan for myself and be on guard against two evils, hastiness and indecision.

9.Only for today I will firmly believe despite appearances that the good providence of God cares for me as no one else who exists in this world. I will firmly believe that God loves me and provides for me exactly what I need for today.

10.Only for today I will not be afraid. In particular, I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful and to believe in goodness. I will have no fears.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you find these in a book form?

June 12, 2011 4:02 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

no, I found them on the net somewhere.

June 12, 2011 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis