Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Old Time Religion

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ------- Theo ------- said...

BRAVO!

February 14, 2008 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen

from a former Church of Christ Gospel Preacher who is now in the process of swimming the Tiber and set to hit shore this Easter.

February 15, 2008 9:56 PM  
Blogger owenswain said...

Imagine the old time religion is older than Azusa street and the Hebdon Mission (here in Canada) and older than Pilgrims, older even than the 1500s. Good enough for me too.

February 16, 2008 1:01 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Thank you for your music Russ. This is a wonderful song.
I hope the lord continues to bless you with this gift.

February 28, 2008 1:54 PM  
Blogger Fr. J. said...

Brilliant!!

This Catholic, having grown up in Virginia and lived in tent revival country, sure appreciates what you've done here. I remember the precise moment when the penny dropped and I realized that the old tyme religion of that song was only the Great Awakening. I laughed outloud at a Baptist prayer meeting!!

March 06, 2008 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis