Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Homily From Papal Mass at Yankee Stadium


Today, Prodigal Daughter and I had the privilege of hearing this homily from Pope Benedict in person at Yankee Stadium! What a joy to worship Jesus and receive Him in the Eucharist consecrated by the Vicar of Christ with over 50,000 other Catholic believers. The anointing of the Holy Spirit was so thick you could cut it with a knife! Once I settle down, I will be posting more pics, video and vignettes about our pilgrimage to New York City. Here's an excerpt:

"In today's Gospel, the Lord promises his disciples that they will perform works even greater than his (cf. Jn 14:12). Dear friends, only God in his providence knows what works his grace has yet to bring forth in your lives and in the life of the Church in the United States. Yet Christ's promise fills us with sure hope. Let us now join our prayers to his, as living stones in that spiritual temple which is his One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. Let us lift our eyes to him, for even now he is preparing for us a place in his Father's house. And empowered by his Holy Spirit, let us work with renewed zeal for the spread of his Kingdom.

"Happy are you who believe!" (cf. 1 Pet 2:7). Let us turn to Jesus! He alone is the way that leads to eternal happiness, the truth who satisfies the deepest longings of every heart, and the life who brings ever new joy and hope, to us and to our world. Amen."

1 Comments:

Blogger MMajor Fan said...

How cool to read your update! I admit as I watched Mass via livestream on the Internet I scanned the crowd for your faces :-) I thought it was wonderful too. Looking forward to reading more of your impressions.

April 20, 2008 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis