Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Convert From Reformed Presbyterian

Check out the blog of Professor Neal Judisch, a former reformed presbyterian and professor of philosophy, now a Tiber Jumper as of Pentecost 2008. Once again, he blames it on the Church fathers and a study of Church history. I sometimes wonder if the history of the Church was presented in an unbiased fashion to many of us earlier in our lives, would we have crossed over sooner? Once I discovered the early Church fathers and their undeniable Catholic beliefs, especially in the Eucharist, it was impossible to go any where else but back home.

Go on over and give him the old Catholic Blogger's welcome home.

4 Comments:

Blogger George Weis said...

Hey Russ,

The ECFs definitely pose many questions to their readers. The questions that come up in my mind are...

1) Why do they seem more sacramental?
2) Why do they clearly believe things that would seem contrary to your average Prot Evangelical?
3) Why is church authority so important to them?
4) Is it possible for the entire church at large to go astray (if the opposite is the truest form of Christianity)?
5) How the heck can I assimilate into this thing that I always thought bogus?

Ok, so the last one is my own personal issue :)

I like Neal's blog... I have spooked around on there already.

Bess you my friend... when you playing around here again?

-g-

September 27, 2008 11:53 AM  
Blogger Adoro said...

Oh, I just know it...he's going to become one of our professors at Ave Maria...lol

And, totally OT question...you aren't, by any chance, attending the Journey Home Conference in Ohio in a few weeks are you? (The reason I ask...I am!) :-)

October 04, 2008 11:25 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Hey Adoro!
This is the fourth year we wished we were going ! Too much on the plate
again :(.
Please let me know how it goes. We got the cd set from last years' and it was great.
God bless

October 05, 2008 9:38 AM  
Blogger Adoro said...

Sorry took me so long to come back for your answer. I'm so scattered and I keep forgetting to add your blog to "follow". doing so now!


Anyway, I wish you could be there, would be great to meet you in person. It seems that not many Catholic bloggers are going as I've not seen much mention in previous years, and I haven't found anyone else, either. But then again, it could jsut be that the posts haven't had enough hits to make the search engines. I do know that Fr. Kyle of Called by Name is going...but that's because he's a friend of mine that I have met!

Anyway, I'll be sure to tell you about it, will likely blog about it when I get back. :-)

October 14, 2008 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis