Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Desecration of the Eucharist Again

Ever since I heard of the U Tube Desecration videos, I have been reflecting on how we perceive the Eucharist. When a person receives the Eucharist with no belief that it is the Eucharist, or is in a state of mortal sin, is not this also desecrating the Eucharist? When Paul admonished the Corinthians because they were not rightly discerning the body of the Lord, they were "guilty of the body and blood of the Lord" and some even died as a result.
Is what St. Paul talks about in Corinthians the same thing as desecration? I don't know. As much as we are all making a fuss, and rightly so about these U Tube desecrations, should we also not be grieving and making reparation for millions of times weekly that many of us receive the body and blood of Christ with no disposition towards Him or even a belief that He is in the Blessed Sacrament? I have at times felt my mind wander at Mass and halfway through the Eucharistic prayer get called back to reality of the moment. Thankfully the Church in her wisdom has us pray this before we go to the Altar to receive Him. "Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed."

On this feast day of St Mary Margaret, who reminded us of Jesus tremendous love and passion for us symbolized by the Sacred Heart, let us pray for all those, ourselves included, who have grown cold and indifferent to God's sublime ineffable gift of the Eucharist.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Thankyou for this post..

October 14, 2008 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis