Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Feast Of the Guardian Angels

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father." Matt 18


In Mass this morning, our priest reminded us that though they are invisible, we can be assured that angels are crowding around the altar as Jesus becomes present in the Mass as well as adoring Him in the tabernacle. How cool is that?

Here is Upsy Daisy Angel, a song about angels I wrote in 1975. Check out the full story from my July 2007 blog post. Someday, I hope it ends up on a my much-procrastinated new CD.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

It is "way cool!"

To think these invisible beings are all over...watching over us, protecting us, guiding us! Isn't God so good to assign each of us an angel? I want to get to know them all better. I've named my GA Judith Joan. "JJ" I was told once that I could do that. Another friend told me recently that I "can't name my angel" but that my angel would reveal its name to me, if I but ask. Well, I did ask, a long time ago, and got the "feeling" to name him/her "JJ" (I know they are spirits w/out gender.) That's the "name that came" to mind. Both Powerful women. One a woman in ancient times, one a young girl, who is patron Saint of France. How cool is that? It seems that my angel should be named after those two. For I need all the help I can get, to wage war on my own self, and then to learn how to be courageous in the upcoming years for whatever may befall America. I think we're in for a "major war" and it's already begun. However the election ends up, our angels are WITH US...let us not fear, or become despondent or despair. Let us "fight the good fight" with the HOLY ANGELS who took a stand, and made the RIGHT CHOICE when a third of their kind chose Lucifer's gig and were banished to hell. Thank your angel for making the "right choice" and for being faithful to God, and now who's helping you remain as faithful.

October 04, 2008 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Tiber Jumper,

Of all your beautiful, funny, thought-provoking songs, this is still one of my favorites.

Also, just to let you know, I appreciate your blog and find encouragement here, and also learn so much through the links and education about Catholicism.

Barb L.

October 28, 2008 12:05 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Hey Barb:
thanks so much for the kind words. You may have noted the lyrics have been refine a bit to reflect the correct Catholic theology, "When my journey is over, I hope to see His face..." Not a presumption of getting into heaven , but a "lively hope" which is more keeping with St Paul's view of attaining final salvation.
The first time I wrote the song in 1975, it was a bit "easy believism" that I was being taught.

God bless you Barb, I should have followed your lead sooner in returning to the Church. You were onto something the rest of us ex Catholics were blind to. "The treasure was at our feet all the time."

October 28, 2008 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis