Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

St Joseph Studio is Completed!



Today, the studio is officially completed. When we moved here in September, there was no place to record. We noted when we first looked at the house, there was a partially finished room in the basement and Prodigal Daughter thought, "that will be the studio." She told me she would have it finished as a birthday present for me. I don't deserve her.

How did I come by the name St Joseph Studio? We asked St. Joseph to intercede for us to sell our home and find this one, and we are 3 minutes from St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church. Also, my middle name is Joseph. Besides, since we no longer live 300 yards from the train tracks, the Loud Train Studios moniker would no longer work here. For my birthday today I received a small statue of St Joseph holding Jesus on his arm and this will be placed in a prominent place of honor in the studio. (You can see it in the TiberCam today)

Here is the prayer to St. Joseph which is over 1900 years old.

"O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my Thanksgiving and Homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen "

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, happy birthday TJ! What a wonderful present (I guess it'll be hard to top for PD's birthday).

May, through the intercession of St. Joseph, you do lots of good work in that studio.

December 30, 2008 10:09 AM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Holy dulcimers,banjos,and guitars, TJ! That is one kickin' studio! Splendid effort and outcome, Prodigal! And it's again uncanny how St Joseph has been "chasing me down" as Saints tend to do. He's been coming to me the last 2 months or so. Novenas, Statues, learning more about him and his life with Jesus and Mary. I'm eagerly anticipating the wonderful music that will be flowing from SJS. :)

December 30, 2008 3:46 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Oops, I forgot to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TJ!! :)

December 30, 2008 4:05 PM  
Blogger George Weis said...

EXCELLENT! Now get a move on :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY FRIEND!

Wow, 1900 years old? That would put us in the 200s?

-g-

December 30, 2008 10:10 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

your better at math than me George!
I will recheck that :)

Thanks

December 31, 2008 10:44 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Hey Nancy and George and Susie!
Thanks so much
God bless you guys
the pressure's on

December 31, 2008 10:49 AM  
Blogger owenswain said...

Looks perfect. A lot more tidy then my "studio." May God bless you. May the prayers of our Holy Mother guide your creative steps.

January 01, 2009 9:18 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks Owen, but I must admit I spruced up a bit for the photo. I am so thankful for a "space" dedicated to creativity . There's a little corner of the room I am reserving for a little sacred space as well, but more on that later.
God bless your new year!

January 01, 2009 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might I suggest some little memento of St. Cecilia, perhaps?

January 01, 2009 3:59 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

ah yes, patron st. of music.
thanks Nancy

January 01, 2009 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis