Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Love Beyond All Telling

I have never really thought about how much Mary loved Jesus and what it must have been like for her to lose her only son and Lord at Calvary. Scripture tells us that very early on she knew that her life would be filled with sorrow because "a sword would pierce her soul." Until becoming Catholic, it really wasn't something I thought about much except for on Easter. I tended to focus on the Resurrection and to a lesser degree the passion. Remembering the events of Holy Week was not a part of my personal devotional life. I have since found there is great blessing in the stations of the cross and thinking about Jesus and Mary during His passion.
Artists throughout the ages have understood and appreciated Mary's love for Jesus and have depicted it through their many pietas.(Which corresponds to the 13th Station of the Cross) Prodigal Daughter put together a beautiful montage of art depicting Mary holding Jesus in her arms after he was brought down from the cross. Check it out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis