Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Our Back Yard at Night

We created a little grotto in the back yard and put the statue of the blessed Mother there. Home Depot has these little solar powered lights that have light sensors on them. When it gets dark the light shines on the statue of Mary. Kinda cool!
When I look out my window, I am reminded of the scripture where Mary says in Luke, "All generations will call me blessed." To call someone blessed means to speak well of their name. So the statue reminds me to speak well of her name, helping me to be part of the generation that calls her blessed. The statue is just an inanimate cast of cement with no life, power or mojo. But yet it reminds me of God's greatness in coming to earth through the flesh of one of us (Mary) and becoming one of us to redeem us. She was the first Christian and was there with all the disciples in the Upper Room as they waited for the Holy Spirit to come upon them.
Tomorrow we celebrate the Birthday of the Church-Pentecost!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello. .. a christian orthodox....... I like your writing and understanding about religion.... thanks for educate the people . that don't know about the beauty of the blessed mother...... I believe still we have angels on earth..... to instruct us . about the love of god.................. sincerity .....Judy

May 31, 2009 1:47 AM  
Blogger George Weis said...

Mary Worship!

;)

Russ I love you all the more!

Blessings,
-g-

May 31, 2009 9:36 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Well, when I get to heaven, Lord willin' and I see the mother of our Lord, I don't want this to happen:. "How do you do mam"
Pleasure to meet you.
Oh, I see, you're the nice lady who gave birth to my Savior. very nice, thanks so much. Now can you show me where the crystal sea is? and BTW, can you get me a seat a little closer to Jesus at the feast of the lamb?

Instead,I hope I can say when I meet her: "Mary, You are blessed above all women and I honored you in my life for your obedience to God. Thank you for your intercession for the CHurch all these years! Yes Mary, I did say in my generation that you are blessed above all women. I even wrote a song about you called Untier of Knots!

Our little grotto in the back gives honor to her because we worship the one she bore, Christ the Lord. That alone gives her points in my book and the early Church fathers thought so as well.

(i know u know all this G, but it's for the other Prots who lurk hear at the CTT)

Thanks for the love, same to you.

May 31, 2009 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis