Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Prayer of Surrender

If we prayed this prayer daily with faith and sincerity , I believe it could change our lives. It was composed by Father Walter Ciszek, a Jesuit priest from Shenandoah, PA who dedicated his life to clandestine missionary work in the Soviet Union. He spent over 20 years imprisoned in Russia, 5 of which were in solitary confinement. His cause for canonization is being put forth by the Allentown Diocese.

Lord, Jesus Christ, I ask the grace to accept the sadness in my heart, as your will for me, in this moment. I offer it up, in union with your sufferings, for those who are in deepest need of your redeeming grace. I surrender myself to your Father’s will and I ask you to help me to move on to the next task that you have set for me.
Spirit of Christ, help me to enter into a deeper union with you. Lead me away from dwelling on the hurt I feel:
to thoughts of charity for those who need my love, to thoughts of compassion for those who need my care, and to thoughts of giving to those who need my help. As I give myself to you, help me to provide for the salvation of those who come to me in need.
May I find my healing in this giving.
May I always accept God’s will.
May I find my true self by living for others in a spirit of
sacrifice and suffering.
May I die more fully to myself, and live more fully in you. As I seek to surrender to the Father’s will, may I come to trust that he will do everything for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger George Weis said...

What a beautiful prayer!

-g-

May 10, 2009 11:09 AM  
Blogger owenswain said...

I will be writing this in my journal. It's strikingly perfect.

May 10, 2009 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN

What a great prayer to say as an act of contrition at the end of confession

May 10, 2009 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis