Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Jewel of Caribbean (NEW VERSION)

This is a new version of Jewel of the Caribbean. It will be on the new CD (which is in the final stages of completion, the studio part that is)















5 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

So moving Russ and beautifully played...oh and the codicil nearly brings tears.

I know it's a pipe dream but I have always wanted to go on at least one missionary trip, to serve in any small way and to record it in a sketchbook. I've even prayed about it but alas...

June 04, 2009 9:06 AM  
Blogger George Weis said...

YES! I love this new version!!! I love the strings... I might even like even a touch more of them! The new Simon and Garfunkle kind of harmony that pops in in the verse is perfect! So glad you put that clip at the end!

Good show my man!

In His peace,
-g-

June 04, 2009 11:45 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

thanks guys!
The last time I was in Haiti I took a little video camera and did some recording for the singing before Mass as well as daily rosary prayer time .
I released this song already on my album "Acoustic Minstrel" so I decided to re record it release it on the new album since I suspect it will be promoted to a new audience.
George gave me the idea for adding the singing to the end, thanks George

Owen, Lord willing you will do one of these trips someday. There's a bunch of Haitians in Montreal who could probably hook you up with a mission :)

June 04, 2009 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Barb said...

Dear Russ, I'm looking forward to your new CD (and also need "refills" on some of your previous ones, since I have given them away one by one). Just wondering, is that Deborah singing with you?
Barb

June 08, 2009 9:20 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Barb:
It's just me singing falsetto!
let me know which CD's you want
God bless
Russ

June 08, 2009 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis