Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

March For Life 2010

Since 1973, on the anniversary of Roe vs Wade thousands of us will once again descend on Washington DC to register our displeasure with the US government for legalizing the murder of unborn humans. I remember the days when the president would get on the phone and address the crowd. That won't be happening this year and the main-stream media will once-again ignore the event.

The Catholic Church in the US considers this as a day of prayer and penance for the sake of the lives lost and hope that abortion will come to an end. Tomorrow, we can all join our hearts together in prayer and send a message to our government that 37 years later we protest this legalized holocaust in America.

As an aside, I enjoy the unity among different faiths that occurs on this March, where one sees Lutherans, Orthodox, Methodists, Catholics marching side by side for the Gospel of Life. The Franciscan friars in their sandals and bare feet in freezing temperatures is always a sight to see!
Hopefully, pics will follow from our trip.

Update: I brought home a little gastrointestinal virus from the nursing home which manifested itself in the middle of the night. Will be watching and praying from home this year :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis