Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Pope Apologizes for Cradle Catholics Who Have Not Shared The Faith

       Pope Benedict 16th at his annual gathering with his former students

I was one of those Catholics in the 70's who left the Church with nary a clue regarding what and who I was leaving. I have often wondered if a Catholic who was acquainted with apologetics was able to counter my silly Jack Chick arguments, would I have stayed in the faith?  Only God knows and perhaps He has used my "3 hour tour" through the sacrament-less protestant sects to help me better appreciate the Eucharist and see how much grace is available to me in the Catholic faith.
     I pray that in the remaining years of my life I will always live and share my faith in such a way that no person I contact will miss the opportunity to have the fullness of the gospel found only in the Catholic faith shared with them.



“Only by not conforming ourselves to this world can we recognize the will of God and make it the foundation of our lives.”

2 Comments:

Blogger kkollwitz said...

Substantial Bible-based catechesis may help with this.

September 06, 2011 10:26 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Amen KKol and those 6th graders who have you for CCD will be the future of the Church and will know and share their faith!!
God bless you!

September 06, 2011 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis