Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, October 07, 2011

Former Reformer Crossing the Tiber

Check out Andre's blog here. 
Another reformed christian coming home to the Catholic faith. Pray for Andre as he makes the crossing.
At times difficult and yet strangely exhilarating, it's worth it . To become Catholic from protestantism is to step out in faith to forsake all that is comfortable and known. It  is truly doing as Christ has called us to "cast out into the deep..."

You will be in our prayers Andre!

6 Comments:

Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

The beautiful thing is that once you have crossed, you will get the sense that this is truly "home."

October 07, 2011 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome [almost] home, Andre. I've enjoyed your blog.

October 08, 2011 4:08 PM  
Blogger kkollwitz said...

Thanks for the link.

Tiber Crosser, I think you might oughta describe yourself as a Tiber Re-crosser.

October 10, 2011 2:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@kkollwitz, I, too, am a Tiber-recrosser, but I will argue that the decision to leave the Catholic church in the first place at 12-13 years old wasn't really mine to make.

Russ, thank you for the shout out. I've been wondering where that extra traffic had been coming from!

October 11, 2011 10:06 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Kkol;
Maybe I should say Double Crosser!

October 11, 2011 11:25 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Andre;
Always try to encourage converts and reverts. It's definitely an upstream swim but well worth the resistance you encounter as you return to Rome, the Church Jesus intended us all to be a part of. God bless you. You have been in my prayers.

October 11, 2011 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis