Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Is Easter Pagan?

At this time of year, a friend of mine likes to remind me that I am celebrating a pagan holiday. Even though there is no basis for this claim and on Easter I go to Mass and worship the God of the Universe who wrote the Scripture and started the Catholic Church, he still maintains it is pagan to celebrate Easter! In this video below, Jimmy Akin points out the origins of this claim and helps to dispel the mythology.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great vid. I may swipe it.
-Pat V

April 06, 2012 2:12 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Swipe away my friend!

April 06, 2012 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis