Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Will You Be Home For Christmas?


I'll never forget that song by Bing Crosby. When I was a young teenager, my older brother packed his car up and drove to California and never came back. Though my parents had a difficult relationship with him, they loved him dearly and especially at Christmas, when that song came on the radio, my mother would begin to weep.
   This time of year is when many of us hearken back  to those times of our past life. Perhaps you are a former Catholic who for a number of reasons left the Church years ago due to a misunderstanding, fractured relationship etc. Many of us left the Church because we really didn't know Jesus and later found him outside the Church, never to go back.
     Advent is the time for a new start, and the Incarnation promises us the chance of a new life.
Why not step into a Church this year and attend mass at some point in this advent season. Ask God to open your heart to his graces and I know he will hear that prayer.
     Let every heart, prepare Him room- Find the confession times and receive absolution for your sins from Jesus through his priest so you can receive him, body, blood , soul and divinity in the Eucharist.  Make this your Christmas to come home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis