Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Evangelicals Love the Pope!

I never thought I would live to see the day that the evangelical community is writing positive things about the successor of Peter and calling for unity. Calling Pope Francis "our Francis too" Dr. Timothy Beeson has this to say in an article in Christianity Today:   "Without forgetting the deep differences that divide us, now as never before we are called to stand and work together for the cause of Christ in a broken world. We can make a start by praying with Saint Francis:

Most High, Glorious God, bring light to the darkness of my heart. Give me right faith, certain hope, and perfect charity, insight and wisdom, so I can always observe your holy and true command. Amen.

Let's hope and pray this will cause Protestants of good will and open minds to re-consider what they thought the Catholic Church represents and teaches. With such fondness for the leader of the Catholic faith coming from well-respected evangelicals, surely there will be some who will pick up a catechism or search the net for blogs like this to find out the truth about the Catholic faith to find out if there truly are "deep differences that divide us." What a Protestant is told and believes about Catholicism and what Catholicism actually is are most often two different things entirely, as I found out personally 9 years ago.
Besides, Pope Francis is indeed their pope, they just don't know it yet.
   
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis