Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reason # 587 To Be Catholic: Better Marital Satisfaction

Marital relations are more satisfying among devout* Catholics a study suggests. I have always wondered if it's due to the fact that the unative and procreative aspects of the act are not separated by contraception? Perhaps there is a positive benefit of being in harmony with the divine law? I don't really know, but having been on both sides of this (married as a non-Catholic and now Catholic) without getting into any details, I concur.
   It's nice to read some positive news about the Church once and awhile in the MSM.

*One has to always wonder what is meant by the term devout Catholic. My definition of a devout Catholic is one who follows all the teachings of the faith, even the hard ones. A Catholic who attends weekly mass, but contracepts and never darkens the door of the confessional is not devout, by my estimation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis