Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

"I Have Made a Pact With My Tongue"


"Some say it is unreasonable to be courteous and gentle with a reckless person who insults you for no reason at all. I have made a pact with my tongue; not to speak when my heart is disturbed. "

St. Francis de Sales

4 Comments:

Blogger Brother James said...

Yes, many would do good to heed that advice, especially with the more visceral and uncharitable reactions. Nonetheless, the time of silently allowing the violent to bully people into silence should draw to a close. Speak the truth kindly, but with courage.

September 17, 2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Well said St. Jimbob!! Thanks for the post!

September 17, 2006 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are talking about Islam?!

September 18, 2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

And let your "yes" be "yes" and your "no" be "no." That's what we must do. What a great quote of St Francis de Sales! If only I had heeded that sound advice over the years. Mary be our model here. Mary, a WOMAN WRAPPED IN SILENCE who PONDERED ALL things IN HER HEART. Amazingly, Mary's last recorded words were "DO whatever he tells you." FEW and WISE words to live by. What were his almost last words? "DO this in memory of Me." GO to Mass and receive the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity and the graces to live and control thy tongue. Ask Mary for her help...you won't be left unaided.

September 19, 2006 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis