Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007


"I love You, O my God, and my only desire is to love You until the last breath of my life. I love You, O my infinitely lovable God, and I would rather die loving You, than live without loving You. I love You, Lord and the only grace I ask is to love You eternally....My God, if my tongue cannot say in every moment that I love You, I want my heart to repeat it to You as often as I draw breath. "

Saint John Vianney


St. John, I ask you to intercede for me that I will develop a love for Christ as you had in your life.
Jesus, thank you for hearing the fervent and effectual prayers of righteous men here and in heaven. Let your grace fall on me that I will grow in my desire to love and serve you as St. John Vianney did in his life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

One of my favorite prayers, from one of my favorite saints : )

Not sure if this is true, but I heard that he was onced punched in the face, to which he responded saying, "My friend, my other cheek is jealous."

April 04, 2007 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis