Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Room of Tears



This song was on my most recent album, Scarecrow's Lament. I wrote it right after Pope Benedict was elected. I was impressed by his reluctance to be pope yet his obedience to God's call. The room off of the Sistine Chapel where the popes try on their robes before their announcement is called the Room of Tears. There are three different sizes of shoes and cassocks ready for whoever will be the next pope. It is said that each pope breaks into tears when the enormity of the responsibility of apostolic succession hits him.

7 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Very beautiful. I love mandolin... and Catholic lyrics! You're very talented. Perhaps you're being modest, but you should consider permalinking to your music on your sidebar!

March 27, 2007 2:52 AM  
Blogger Under the Poetree said...

This "Room of Tears" has just brought me to tears. It was the picture of our late, Great, JPII in the hospital toward the end that opened the "flood gates"....

Thank you TJ

Beautiful.

Let us pray for our Papa. And let us be grateful that we have a Papa to run to when we fall...open arms, loving grace, safe from harm, gentle face...watches down the road for the prodigals' return. I'm glad my feet that roamed have found the road to Rome.

susie

March 27, 2007 5:23 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Beautiful!

March 27, 2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger Pilgrimsarbour said...

This has always been one of my favourites. Regardless of theological and denominational affilitations, the picture you paint of the servant of Christ has universal appeal for Christians of all stripes. The humble servant receives his commission and falters under the enormous weight of its implications, but only for a moment. The strength of Christ's Holy Spirit helps His servant to regain his composure; an earnest of His sustaining power for the work ahead.

March 27, 2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger owenswain said...

I remain grateful I have this album...thanks and, forgive my slackness but I have honestly NOT forgotten about a certain drawing...

March 27, 2007 9:20 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Oh great Onion!
No sweat, please be free. If I get some art from you, great, if not, great too, because it means you are busy doing something else for someone else which is good
God bless

March 27, 2007 10:05 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

PA said:
"The humble servant receives his commission and falters under the enormous weight of its implications, but only for a moment. The strength of Christ's Holy Spirit helps His servant to regain his composure; an earnest of His sustaining power for the work ahead"

Well spoken. I wish I could write like you!

The honesty of this pope saying he was praying in the Sistine Chapel that he wouldn't be elected~
Then at his age, fully embracing the calling, Whoa!

March 27, 2007 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis