Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Pray For the Students and Families of Virginia Tech

"O My Jesus, forgive us our sins and save us from the fires of hell.
Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy."

"Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, of Your dearly beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, for the atonement for our sins, and those of the whole world. For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us, and on the whole world."

"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us, sinners, now and the hour of our death."
Amen

5 Comments:

Blogger Prodigal Daughter said...

Eternal God in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase your mercy in us that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will which is love and mercy itself, amen.(closing prayer of the Divine Mercy Chaplet)

April 16, 2007 10:44 PM  
Blogger Leticia said...

Praying in our family for the souls of the departed, and their families.

April 17, 2007 2:14 AM  
Blogger Drew Grumbles said...

Tiber, I am a VT student who has been reading your blog for quite a long time. This is my first time commenting. I grew up Baptist and have been on the "journey to Rome" for nearly a year and a half. But I just wanted to thank you and your readers for all the prayers for my campus. It has been a very tough few days, but the words of Pope Benedict on Easter Sunday have sustained me:

"Those wounds that, in the beginning were an obstacle for Thomas’s faith, being a sign of Jesus’ apparent failure, those same wounds have become in his encounter with the Risen One, signs of a victorious love. These wounds that Christ has received for love of us help us to understand who God is and to repeat: “My Lord and my God!” Only a God who loves us to the extent of taking upon himself our wounds and our pain, especially innocent suffering, is worthy of faith."

God bless you and thank you again for your prayer and concern.

April 18, 2007 11:47 AM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

Dear Drew:
You and all the students, victims and families have been in our prayers night and day since we heard. My prayer is that people will look to Christ for their solace for truly we can unite our suffering to His.
God bless you

April 18, 2007 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers have been with the victims and their families since the first minute of this atrocity. The words are hard to come by.

April 18, 2007 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis