Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007


Here are two bloggers who are poised to leave Protestantism and jump the Tiber or the Bosporus. Neither can decide yet which river they will ultimately cross.

"A book I bought a long time, right before my "de"conversion from Roman Catholicism titled "The Catholic Way" by Bishop Donald Wuerl, is next up on my reading list. In line after that is "The Orthodox Way" by Bishop Kallistos Ware followed by the continuation of "Meaning of Jesus: Two Visions" by Marcus Borg/N.T Wright. I don't know where I am taking myself here, I may stay put or move to something bigger and better then I expected."



"Welcome to CatholiDoxies! This blog is an attempt by your anonymous blogger, a frustrated Protestant Evangelical, to work through issues related to finding a home in either Catholicism and Orthodoxy. (You might know me by the handle "Irenaeus" on other blogs.)

The big philosophical question: how does one leaving Protestantism decide between Orthodoxy and Catholicism, when a major reason for one's frustration with Protestantism is the necessity and difficulty of having to decide, based on one's own reading of Scripture, what to believe and what confession/denomination/church to belong to?"

Pray that God leads these folks to where He wants them and that they will have the courage to crossover.

2 Comments:

Blogger MMajor Fan said...

Love the picture!

Last time I stood by the Bosporus, in 1995, I saw a pair of flip flops on the rocks. I even took a photograph of them. I thought they were left behind by a fisherman, little did I realize, it might have been the Pope No Pope decision tension ha ha.

June 14, 2007 12:37 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Lord, show them Your will for their lives and lead them to the fullness of truth.

June 15, 2007 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis