Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another One Dips His Toes in the Tiber


Please send along some prayer and support for this Lutheran brother who feels drawn to the Church. It's tough to go it alone sometimes. Prodigal Daughter (my wife) went for 5 years totally convinced of the Truth of Catholicism and a burning desire to receive Christ in the Eucharist but her knucklehead husband (Tiber Jumper) thought she had lost her mind! I put my foot down and said, "No for the sake of our marriage and the kids stop these Roman Ruminations!" She didn't even pray I would convert because she thought it would never happen. She just asked God if only He would allow her to convert alone. Well, God has a way of sometimes knocking us off the horse on our way to Damascus. I fell on my @#$@ and haven't been *right* since. To God be the Glory!
Our prayers are with you.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cow Bike Rider said...

Thank you so much for the prayers and support. Thanks too for your Blog! It really does help guys like me.

God Bless

August 22, 2007 2:12 PM  
Blogger Russ Rentler, M.D. said...

We'll keep you in our prayers.
and thanks to the other bloggers who posted encouraging words on CBR's blog. God bless

August 22, 2007 4:02 PM  
Blogger owenswain said...

TJ, you have the knack for fining fellow jumpers. Thanks for doing that. I am pleased to add more converts and converts in the making to my prayers.

O | luminousmiseires.ca | onionboy.ca

August 22, 2007 6:32 PM  
Blogger MMajor Fan said...

You make me smile tiber :-)

I enjoyed visiting CBR's blog, and commenting of course ;-)

August 22, 2007 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

prayers rising!

August 24, 2007 3:14 PM  
Blogger Joyful Catholic said...

Ditto Tara...."rising to the Immaculate Heart of Our Lady, our REST.

August 24, 2007 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis